Immersive Biomass Sensor (for bioreactor/ fermentor)
- Availability: 2-3 Days
proBE 3000 Fiber Optic Total Biomass Sensor
The proBE 3000 immersive sensor measures back-scattering reflectance at a wavelength of 1310 nm, where optical penetration into the medium is < 3 cm and the optically sampled volume is ~200 ul. This measurement volume is small enough so that measurements can be made in small benchtop vessels while at the same time maintaining a very wide linear range of sensitivity to biomass (over 4 orders of magnitude).
The BE3000 system tracks fermentation progress from inoculation to harvest in real time enabling automated, continuous, online multi-vessel biomass/OD monitoring from < 0.01 to > 200 g/L dry cell weight, without dilution, without sampling, with a single probe.
The sensor employs a patented bubble compensation algorithm effective over 4 orders of magnitude biomass range resulting in accurate biomass reporting across widely varying process conditions.
- Fiber optic biomass probe for all vessel types and sizes
- Available in 3.2 mm, 4.0 mm, 12 mm diameters; fits mini bioreactors
- Multi-vessel monitoring (up to 4 probes per multiplexing base unit)
- Ultra-wide biomass sensitivity range: < 0.01 to > 600 OD units
- Requires only 3 cm of fluid depth
- Built-in predefined biomass calibrations
- Autoclavable and CIP/SIP compliant
- Probe and cable are fully detachable
Technical Data Sheet for proBE3000