Noninvasive Multiplexed Biomass Sensor
The BE2100 is an industry-leading, non-invasive biomass monitoring system designed for use in both research laboratory and industrial environments. It provides continuous, real time, and online biomass measurements of your fermentation culture.
The sensor is easily secured to the outside of a variety of different fermentor types, from small glass vessels to large stainless steel vessels with glass viewing ports. It can be utilized with either the BE2100 Base Unit, BE2400 Multiplexer or BE/USB converter (products listed below).
It can be controlled through BugLab’s data logging software via RS-232 or USB on the BE2100 base unit, or direct control through the BE/USB converter, or utilize the analog output on the BE2100 base unit or BE2400 multiplexer enabling straightforward integration into a fermentor control system.
- Industry-best wide linear range from <0.1 to >300 OD units
- Automated, continuous, real-time, online OD measurements
- Multiple laser-detector pairs ensures accuracy across different biomass range
- Designed to monitor cell density in large vessels > 1 L
- Measures through fermentor wall or viewing port – attaches to outside of vessel
- No immersion port required – avoids fouling and contamination
mini Noninvasive Multiplexed Biomass Sensor
Uniquely designed to monitor cell density in small vessels and single use fermenters, the miniBE parallel multi-vessel biomass sensors combine noninvasive OD monitoring with BugLab’s patented bubble correction feature. Simply attach the small (24 mm x 21 mm) miniBE Universal Vessel Adapter onto the vessel wall, then click-in the reusable and detachable fiber optic sensor with a simple push.
The miniBE has an outstanding linear biomass range (<0.3 to >300 OD units) over 3 orders of magnitude and utilizes near-infrared back-scattering reflectance to monitor real-time biomass from inoculation to harvest across wide ranging process conditions without any sampling nor risk of contamination.
- Optimized for parallel multi-vessel online monitoring of cell density in small vessels and single use fermenters
- Versatile space saving multiplexed format (no immersion port required) with process connectivity
- Unique and highly effective bubble correction in high aeration and agitation environments
- Ultra-wide linear biomass range: 0.1 to >100 g/L dry cell weight
- Diverse vessel compatibility and working volumes down to 10 ml
- Built-in predefined biomass calibrations
Technical Data Sheet for BE2100